Accueil > Pratique > Travel
The workshop will take place at the Institute of Mathematics of Toulouse (Institut de Mathématiques de Toulouse - IMT) in Toulouse, France. You can reach Toulouse by plane (the Toulouse–Blagnac Airport - Aéroport de Toulouse–Blagnac, IATA code TLS), by train (the Toulouse Matabiau railway station - Gare Toulouse Matabiau), or by car - see link to map below.
If you come by plane, you can reach downtown by public transport (Tisseo). There is an airport shuttle (the Tisseo Navette Aeroport) connecting the airport to downtown Toulouse. One trip costs 8 Euros, and you must buy your ticket at the kiosk just behind the shuttle stop. Normally the trip takes 15-20 minutes, but prepare for long delays at peak hours. Please check the Tisseo website - link below - for precise schedule and more details (including possible changes in price).
Another, cheaper (1.60 Euro one way, 3.10 Euro round-trip), option is to take the tram (Ligne T2) to Palais de Justice, and transfer there to the Metro (Ligne B), in the direction of Borderouge. For downtown, you can get off at the Jean Jaurès metro station. The trip will take at least 45 minutes, possibly much more. Please check the Tisseo website - link below - for precise schedule and more details (including possible changes in price).
Of course, you may also take a taxi.
If you come by train, Hotel Riquet is within 5-10 minutes walking distance from the train station. For going downtown, you may take the Metro (Ligne A) for one stop, from Marengo-SNCF (follow the signs in the railway station) to Jean Jaurès, or simply walk to your hotel (most likely a 15-30 minutes walk, but do ask the reception at your hotel in order to make sure).
You can reach the IMT by Metro Ligne B from Jean Jaurès. Get off at the stop Université Paul Sabatier: building 3R1B4 is about 200m form the metro station.
Here are some potentially useful links:
- Tisseo, public transport in Toulouse (in French, English and Spanish): http://www.tisseo.fr/
- SNCF, the National society of French railways (in French, English and German): http://www.sncf.com/
- Aéroport Toulouse-Blagnac (in French and English): http://www.toulouse.aeroport.fr/
- The city of Toulouse (in French): http://www.toulouse.fr/
- A map with some relevant locations (including the workshop dinner restaurant): https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?hl=en_US&app=mp&mid=zA2EVjoksG-M.kVxoX37uqZd0