Thanks to all participants for the very good session this year once again. Presentations are on-line (check the program page). We are expecting you, next year close to Porto for the official
Purple SHARK 2017, May 22-26 2017.
After the success of the first (red) SHARK-FV conference in 2014 (link) and the second (blue) SHARK-FV in 2015 (link) , the third great white SHARK-FV 2016, Sharing Higher-order Advanced Know-how on Finite Volume conference, will be held at the Hotel São Félix , close to Braga, Portugal, from May the 23th up to May the 27th. The main purpose of this conference is to strengthen the collaborations between Finite Volume (FV) field actors and to share the burden of research and development of numerical codes of FV type. This workshop brings the opportunity for Researchers from International Universities and National Laboratories to discuss the State-of-the-Art of high(er)-order Finite Volume methods for a large range of Physics and Engineering problems. Each morning presentations are given by experts in the field while the afternoon sessions are dedicated to intensive parallel workshops articulated around few collaborators.
The purposes of the workshops are
- to reinforce already existing collaborations;
- to create new interactions between researchers in the same field;
- to share detailed and technical experiences on specific issues and exchange ideas, codes, test cases...
A lot of time will be dedicated to discussions and work sessions.
As such the number of participants is limited to 35 to 40 attendents.
Registration must be done by email at SHARK-FV@math.univ-toulouse.fr
The area is located on top of S. Félix Hill in harmony with the exuberant landscape of the Costa Verde few kilmoters from the Ocean, North of Porto and East of Braga. Supplemented with the famous Portuguese cuisine, SHARK-FV conference provides a perfect environment for sharing unforgettable experiences. The "fees" will cover all your expenses during your stay, transfer from the aiport, breakfasts, lunches, dinners and hotel room.
The conference themes revolve around High- and Very High-Order Finite Volume methods for (news themes are welcome)
- High-order scheme derivations (hyperbolic, parabolic, elliptic)
- Non-Conservative hyperbolic Systems of PDE's with Stiff Source Terms
- Multispecies/Multimaterial Fluid Flows
- High Performance Computing on new Architectures
- Robustness and stability properties
- Mesh Moving, Meshless and Particle schemes